Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Tower - Time For a Big Change






Here we see Poseidon rising up out of the sea coming to the famous Labyrinth of King Minos to reclaim his White Bull. He's mad as hell, and he's not going to take it any more. Poseidon is about to crush the kingdom.
A rather dark story, but not a hopeless outcome as the Tower represents the values of the past that have enslaved us, and there is a need to take a serious and honest inventory of ourselves in order to spare ourselves of any further anguish.

Not unlike the two Major Arcana cards, The Devil and The Death card, the message expressed in this card id dependent on the attitude of the individual who is presented with an immanent situation that calls for some kind of radical transformation. And depending of the attitude of the individual this will determine a positive or negative resolution.

Generally I see The Tower as a card of transformation and change, that comes from new beginnings and the tearing down of the old order. A very suitable card to draw in this New Year.

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, as I'd just set myself up for failure. I do gratefully determine to, as I have over the past 24 years of recovery, one step at a time, to live one day at a time, in the present moment, living life to the fullest extent that I can. I maintain my conscious contact with the God of my understanding asking the Creator for help everyday.

Step By Step - Jesse Winchester
 
Step by step
All the happy Saints go marching in
And if a Saint step out of line he'll have to start again
'Cause Jacob's golden ladder gets slippery at the top
And many a happy-go-lucky saint has made that long long drop

[Chorus]
If I'm late don't wait
Go on without me
I may tarry awhile
'Cause I need to know
Before I go
How come the Devil smiles

If I'm late don't wait
Go on without me
I may tarry awhile
'Cause I need to know
Before I go
How come the Devil smiles

[Verse 2]
Free from care, free from fear
The Saints are trooping in
The children play all around the throne innocent of sin
A trillion voices sing the name the mortal may not know
And Heaven's wall's too high to hear the trouble down below


No comments: