Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Two of Swords - Stand Still




 Orestes is between his mother and father, at a standstill and in a state of tense balance. Orestes is between a rock and a hard place. He needs to make a choice about facing and accepting an unpleasant reality.

 The Two of Swords is the second two I've drawn this week. Twos represent duality and this card indicates choice and reaching a stalemate. This card accurately depicts my situation these days and for the next 19 months.

 I've learned the hard way over the years that having the wisdom of patience is always a good approach to take when finding ourselves in whatever situation, that is beyond our control. It never works to attempt to force a solution. Letting things naturally unfold over time relieves us of the stress of anxiety and worry and is a much better choice. Action is the antidote to worry.

 Although I can't do anything to change my situation, I know the action I can take, is to exercise patience and acceptance, patience with and acceptance of myself. If I can do this, I am likely to accept what comes my way in life, living life on life's terms. This doesn't come naturally to people. We mostly want, what we want, now or yesterday, and it sure doesn't happen over overnight to most people. It takes practice over time, little by slowly. So I'll buckle up relax and enjoy the ride. I only have one life to live, so I'd better make it a good one, awake and with my eyes wide open.

No comments: